the Belonging collective
Being with God, together in a community of belonging.
Are you intent on cultivating a more integrated spirituality of life & work rhythms in an intimate community of belonging?
If you are a seasoned contemplative, spiritual director, life coach, pastor, counselor, or key volunteer this is for you! If you are someone eager to embrace stillness and quiet to facilitate hearing and obeying, together, this Belonging collective is for you!
Sustaining and nurturing your soul as you answer the call to a life with God, for the sake of others.
Why join the Belonging collective?
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest." Matt. 11:28 MSG
- Enjoy genuine connections on a weekly basis in a 6-week series through group prayer, reflection, and spiritual companioning via zoom breakout rooms.
- Engage in the contemplative practice of the Weekly Office to include the spiritual disciplines of centering prayer, breath prayer, Lectio Divina and Art, sacred scripture & spiritual readings, and confession on a weekly basis, together.
- Explore knowing God by knowing oneself, and knowing oneself by knowing God. We will utilize the psycho/spiritual tool of the Enneagram of Personality.
- Embrace vulnerability in a community that values authenticity and belonging through interactive learning as you witness another's perspective in zoom breakout rooms.
Registration is for a 6-week series by zoom on Wednesdays at noon (12pm CST). Each series will be stand-alone, yet each new series builds upon previous content. There is no obligation to register for all 2021 series. Join us for one or all (4) Being With God series.
A community of belonging takes time, we will embrace the slow work of God, together!
Why Do I Need to Cultivate a Christ-centered Contemplative Life ?
The 20-century Lutheran martyr Dietrich Bonhoeffer, when asked why he meditated, replied,
"Because I am a Christian."
The witness of the Scriptures and of the devotional masters both invite us to experience, in the words of Madame Guyon, "the depths of Jesus Christ".Register Now
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience."
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- STOP in the middle of the week, in the middle of the day to consider our loving God, together on Wednesdays at noon (12pm CST)
- REST from whatever you are working on, planning, and fixing to be with the living God in the person of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- PAUSE and contemplate the most important and real work, the work of our Lord and Master in our lives
For in him we live and move and exist. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.'
Still set on doing your life-work alone this year?
If you aren't sure this community is right for you, let's chat!
I'm offering a free Discovery call to answer your questions and address the benefits of participating in the Belonging collective virtual series.Schedule a Free Discovery Call
Benefits of scheduling a Discovery Call:
"During this unusual time in our culture, Angela offered a series of discussions about our lives and how we relate to current events and experiences. Angela listens carefully, speaks with wisdom, encourages careful thought, and shares from the heart with grace-filled questions and observations. She has truly modeled for me the qualities of a spiritual director, and I'm grateful to have found her online."
~ 2020 June online series
"I especially appreciated the ways that you worked to include everyone. Angela, thank you for your candid vulnerability."
~ 2020 July online series
"Angela has graciously provided a forum and a format to share individual stories in a safe environment. The chaos of Covid has been mediated in part through Angela’s gatherings in May and June. As a spiritual director myself, I am attuned to Angela’s quiet and welcoming manner of engaging and affirming a variety of seekers in this new medium of story-telling and affirmation. Thank you!"
~ 2020 May online series